Five things to do just after the interview is over.
1. Thank the interviewer. Thank them for taking out time to meet you, for the opportunity.
"Thank you, Ms/Mr......, for your time and patience. Thank you for this opportunity."
2. Tell them again that you are looking forward to joining them.
"Before I leave, I would like to mention once again, how much I am looking forward to working here/with you/as a part of your team/at this august institution. I believe I can contribute positively. Have a great day ahead!"
3. Say thank you to the co-ordinator or the Secretary.
This is really important. A lot people just walk by. Take the time to thank them, know their name & contact number. She/He might be the one person in the world who will be able to tell you the status of the interview before anyone else.
4. Follow up after a reasonable time.
Please do not call daily. A reasonable time could be a week - ten days or a couple of days after the date/day the interviewer mentioned to you.
5. Even if you do not get the job, stay in touch.
Write a thank you mail/card and keep in touch for any future opportunities.
Interview Success >